GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Friday, August 3, 2012

Chicken & Broccoli "Alfredo"

I originally meant this to go over zucchini noodles but I overcooked them and decided to put the sauce over broccoli instead. I am glad I did because this is one of my new favorite meals :) I actually ran out of broccoli after I fed the kids so I only had a few pieces for my pic! lol. The kids devoured it =P Great way to get your kids to eat their veggies!!!! SCD Alfredo


3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Heads Broccoli
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cups SCD Yogurt, dripped
1 Stick of Butter
1 Cup Parmesan
1 Cup pureed white beans (soaked 24 hours, cooked - Puree with a little water for a smooth consistency)
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Minced Garlic



Preheat Oven 350*. Heat Oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high.
Sear Chicken breasts about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned, flip over and do the other side.
Place in a foil lined baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Let cool and cut into bite size pieces, Set aside. (can also use leftover chicken)
Cut up and Boil or steam broccoli to your desired tenderness, I boil mine for about 20- 30 minutes because I like it super soft.

Heat a large pot on medium-high and add Beans, Chicken Stock, Butter, Garlic and Salt.
Mix until all ingredients are melted and combined.
Add Yogurt and Parmesan Cheese to the mixture and turn heat to medium-low.
Stir frequently until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Add Chicken pieces and turn off heat.
Serve over cooked Broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment