GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pie Crust Savory/Sweet


I just used this in a Pecan Pie recipe and it was great, I think I might try it for a quiche also. This is a recipe review for the pie crust from from Glutenfreefix.com. It's not sweet like a graham cracker crust but I'm sure that if you wanted it sweeter you could add a little honey. I will update with my own recipe when I come up with one ;)


1/2 Cup Butter, chopped & Cold
1 Cup Almond Flour, packed
1/3 Cup Coconut Flour, packed
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Ice Cold Water

Add all ingredients except for water into a food processor and mix until combined.
Slowly add Ice Cold Water until nit starts to clump together.
Take dough out and press into a pie dish. (the original recipe says to form into a disk and refrigerate it for 1 hour and then roll. I found my way easier)
Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Bake at 325*

No comments:

Post a Comment