GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Thursday, October 11, 2012

SCD Cut-out "Sugar" cookies

I wanted to check out some cookies for the holidays. I found this recipe on glutenfreefix.com and this is my review. These have a yummy strong coconut flavor. I love these frozen because they get nice and crispy. Not bad for a mock sugar cookie but I will continue to look and try new recipes. I am sure there is something closer to a sugar cookie. These SCD Cut-out "Sugar" Cookies are Gluten-free, Grain Free, Yeast Free, lactose free, refined sugar free, and sweetened with honey.


1 Stick of Butter
1 Cup Honey
2 Eggs
1 Cup Coconut Flour, Packed
1 tsp Baking Soda

Preheat Oven to 325*
Combine all ingredients and shape into a flattened disk, cover with plastic wrap.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
Sprinkle dough with a little coconut flour to keep pin from sticking.
I find it is easier to do this on a piece of parchment paper, this way instead of moving the cookie, you just peel away the excess and transfer the paper to a cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until slightly darkened on the edges.
Cool, decorate, eat :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe! I am going to try and recreate it but I had a question about the butter: does it need to be melted before hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guy! Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, you melt the butter and then combine the ingredients. If you tried them already I hope you liked them :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I ate them right out of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete