GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Grain Free Sandwhich Bread

Finally an all purpose grain free bread! Yay :) This recipe is pretty close to the one from againstallgrain.com. I didn't have the ingredients she used so I improvised and came up with this :) This bread reminds me of this nutty grain bread my mother used to make me eat when I was a kid. It is a little bit nutty untoasted but once you toast it almost tastes like typical whole grain bread. Very excited for everyone to try this! So far I have had it toasted with butter and homemade strawberry jam, and as a delicious ham & cheese melt! Look no further. This is the best bread substitute I have made yet :) This SCD Sandwich bread is gluten free, grain free, lactose free, starch free, Yeast free, and sweetened with Honey.


1 Cup Cashew flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Almond Meal/Flour
4 Eggs, Separated
2 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Tbsp Honey

Preheat the Oven to 300*
Line a loaf pan with Parchment Paper.
Have 3 large bowls - one for wet ingredients, dry, and one for the egg whites.
In wet ingredients bowl add the Coconut Milk, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
Separate Egg whites into separate bowl, add yolks to the wet mixture bowl.
Combine Almond flour, cashew flour, and Baking Soda in 3rd bowl and mix well.
Beat Egg whites with hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Wet mixture and almond flour mixture together and mix well.
Gently fold into Egg Whites until well mixed, put in oven immediately.
Bake for exactly 1 hour *DO NOT OPEN OVEN BEFORE 1 HOUR or your bread will fall.



7 comments:

  1. This recipe looks absolutely amazing! I love that you use cashew flour instead of cashew butter. So awesome. I am going to make this as soon as possible. We are moving into a new home tomorrow so things are a little crazy, but I look forward to settling in our new home and get familiar with my new kitchen environment. :-)

    So great to find you and your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congrats on your new home! Please let me know what you think when you try the bread. It makes such a great melt! Had a tuna melt today with tomatoes and Swiss.....drool lol. Thanks for the comment and glad you like my blog =D

      Delete
  2. I am making your bread now! It looks awesome, ill let you know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to see what you think! Make sure and let me know how it went. It's so great for a savory melt but super yummy toasted with butter, honey, and cinnamon also. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Happy eating!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe! I'm trying it as we speak, however, the directions are confusing me. It says to use three bowls but it also has you keeping the almond flour and cashew flour separate. With the egg whites and apple cider vinegar mixture, that would be 4 bowls. When does the apple cider vinegar mixture get added? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I changed the instructions, it was a mistake. I hope you liked it.

      Delete