GF, SF, DF

Gluten free, Grain free, Refined-Sugar free, Lactose free, Yeast free, All Natural cuisine!
"By altering the nutrition we take in, we can effect the constitution of our intestinal flora, and bring it back into balance, healing our digestive tracts and restoring proper absorption."
Read more about it at http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/science-behind-the-diet/

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bratwurst & Peppers with Fried Eggs

I finally found a legal Bratwurst, yay! Just a little quick and easy dish I wanted to share for meal ideas.


2 lbs Wholefoods Pork Bratwurst
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Orange Pepper
1 Red Onion
2-4 Tbsp Olive Oil for Brats
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Serve with Fried Egg

Boil Bratwurst for 12-14 minutes. (I actually recommend using and non stick pot or deep saute pan to minimize dishes.)
While Brats are boiling slice and saute veggies in olive oil on medium-high heat, Salt & pepper to taste.
Drain the Bratwurst and add the olive oil.
Brown the Bratwurst on medium heat until browned on all sides.
Once Peppers and Onions are sauteed to you desired tenderness serve on Brats with a Fried Egg.
It's so yummy, the combination just works! Enjoy :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for making this blog. I am really getting a lot from it. Can you tell me where you get your Wholefoods Pork Bratwurst? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Thanks! - Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! I am so glad you like my blog, thank you it means a lot that I am helping others. If you go to the wholefoods meat department you can find the Brats there. The beer brats are not legal, but the regular ones are. Also, Wholefoods makes the BEST legal SCD hotdogs in my opinion. I just discovered them. They are made fresh and delicious :) I hope this helps!!

      Delete
    2. Back again at your blog! What do you mean, "Go to the wholefoods meat department." Where? Thanks! I shop at places like Meijer and Walmart...not sure where to find this stuff.

      Delete
    3. Actually, Michelle, reply to this account. My other one (just above) goes to an email I no longer use. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. How did you determine what all the ingredients of the Bratwurst were?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These sound delicious as well as look delicious. I love boil brats!

    ReplyDelete